Returns and Warranty Claims
Please contact a Chadwell Supply customer service representative (firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-341-2423) for a Returned Goods Authorization (RGA) ticket before returning any product. Our drivers cannot pick up returns without a RGA ticket. Any returned product must be in the original, undamaged carton and must be in resalable condition. Returns are only accepted within 90 days of purchase (30-days for the Chadwell Supply Chemicals Satisfaction Guarantee). We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of 15% for any return. Special Orders may not be returned.
Appliances and PTAC Units
GE, Hotpoint, Whirlpool and Amana
WE CANNOT PICK UP ANY PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED OR UNPACKAGED APPLIANCES
Appliances carry a 1-Year manufacturer’s warranty. Manufacturers require that defective appliances be handled by the manufacturer’s repair technician. To schedule a repair, call the numbers listed below:
- GE/Hotpoint and GE PTAC Units, call 800.432.2737
- Amana/Whirlpool and Amana PTAC Units, call 800.253.1301
For Amana PTAC Units have the full model and serial number available. If available, provide the order number or date of purchase.
Comfort Aire Units
For warranty questions or claims related to Comfort Aire window and door units, call 866.557.1865.
DeWalt Power Tools
If a qualified* DeWalt product fails within 1 year of original purchase, the product must be sent or taken to a DeWalt Service Center for free repair service. This is the customer’s responsibility. Chadwell Supply does not facilitate that return.
*Qualified determined by Production Run Code on unit. If there is a manufacturer’s defect, as determined by DeWalt Service Center, at the time of service, the unit will be replaced (if Production Run Code is within 3 years).
Batteries are warranted for 2 years (Black top) or 3 years (XR) and follow the same procedure as above.
WE CANNOT PICK UP ANY PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED HVAC EQUIPMENT
All Brothers, Airquest, Rheem, and Goodman units (condensing units, heat pumps, air handlers, furnaces, etc.) are covered under a 5-year parts warranty.
All HVAC parts (compressors, coils, motors, control boards, valves, wiring harnesses, etc.) are covered under a 1-year parts warranty.
Warranty coverage does not include labor to repair the equipment.
Note: Use of any non-approved refrigerants or lubricants for air conditioning applications of Copeland brand compressors will void compressor or system warranties. A list of approved refrigerants and lubricants is maintained on the 93-11 Form by Emerson Climate Technologies.
If equipment fails within the warranty period, the manufacturer will replace the defective part that caused the unit to fail, provided the following:
A. The defective part is identified by the installer/technician.
B. The defective part is removed and replaced with a new warrantied part.
C. The HVAC warranty form is completed and submitted to Chadwell Supply within 14 days of service failure.
Your warranty can be hassle-free by following these easy steps:
1. Take a picture of the Model and Serial number on failed unit.
2. Email picture and what the defective part is with the Account Name and Number to email@example.com.
3. Once Chadwell Supply confirms that the unit is under warranty, we will send out the replacement part and warranty paperwork. Until the part is returned and confirmed to be covered, there will be a charge for the replacement part. The warranty form needs the following information:
• Installation date of the replacement part.
• Model number and Serial number for the failed part.
• Model number and Serial number for the replacement part.
• Original Equipment Model and Serial Number.
4. When the warranty form is complete and the old part is ready for pick up, call Customer Service at 888-341-2423 or email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Chadwell Supply will pick up the old part along with the warranty form and confirm warranty status.
6. Once approved by the manufacturer, credit will be applied to the account automatically for the previously invoiced replacement part.
Note: All forms must be 100% completed and submitted within 14 days of service failure for warranty credits to be processed.
The process above covers all HVAC equipment such as condensing units, heat pumps, air handlers, furnaces, coils, compressors, motors, control boards, etc.
Water Heaters (State & Rheem)
WE CANNOT PICK UP ANY PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED WATER HEATERS.
State and Rheem water heater tanks are covered by a 6-year warranty against leaks and part failure, with the exception of the State 100 gallon commercial unit (#206047) which is a 3-year warranty.
State and Rheem parts purchased separately carry a 1-year warranty.
Call Customer Service at 888-341-2423 with the model, serial number, installation date, and invoice number. The rating plate (ID tag) must be removed from the defective water heater. The rating plate and the replacement information from the new water heater are required to complete the warranty paperwork and process the credit for the new water heater.
Your Chadwell Supply delivery driver will exchange a new water heater for the defective unit’s rating plate and the completed warranty paperwork. We will not pick up the defective water heater.